Author Topic: Wydajność w RO2- fakty i porady  (Read 2597 times)

Heniu

Wydajność w RO2- fakty i porady
« on: 20 October 2011, 23:14:26 »
pojawily sie tutaj: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=68906
i pochodza od teamu robiacego Rising Storm:

DX9 can only use a single processor thread for draw calls, which seems to be a major bottleneck for this game.
The reason the game doesn't push the GPU is because the CPU can't process the single rendering thread fast enough. There are too many draw calls (i.e. trying to do too much every frame) and the CPU is unable to feed the GPU with the required information for each frame fast enough, so the GPU is idling while it waits. The only solution to this is to reduce the number of draw calls and like it or not, that means simplifying materials, increasing object culling and drastically reducing the number of map objects that require their own (potentially multiple) draw calls.

A lot of people like to point out that UE3 runs better in game XYZ, but the reality is that every other Unreal game out there has far lower detail levels, much simpler materials and much, much smaller levels in order to maintain performance for their primary target machines (low powered consoles). TW have tried to push UE3 hard and unfortunately the engine's console roots (sad but true) have proven more of an obstacle than anticipated, hence the current situation.

Multicore CPU's will never max out running RO2 because only a single logical CPU (be it a single physical core or hyperthreaded "core") can be utilised for running the single rendering thread at any one time. That means that at most you will see high usage on one logical CPU and perhaps moderate usage on another (processing audio, game logic, physics and potentially AI if you're in SP mode). Presumably though, if you have a higher clocked CPU, you'll probably get better performance. Potentially disabling hyperthreading on those Intel CPUs that have it may also improve performance, but I have no actual evidence to back that up.

As far as DirectX 11 is concerned, I don't expect to see it added, though I'd be happy to be wrong on that one. I would love to see RO2 updated to use the most recent UE3 build (the version currently in use is from September last year and a lot of goodies that would be really useful for Rising Storm have been added since then) but it's a lot of work and will likely cause a lot more bugs which I can't see TW opting to do.

W skrocie:
- RO2 uzywa DX9;
- DX9 moze uzyc tylko jednego wątku procesora do obrobki grafiki;
- dlatego czesto nawet na mocarych kartach nie widac wzrostu wydajnosci- GPU czeka na dlawiacy sie procesor;
- sposrod gier na silniku UE3- mapy w RO2 (przed ostatnimi patchami) mialy nawalone tyle detali, ze powodowaly niska wydajnosc;
- jest nadzieja na przejscie z RO2 na wyzsze DX, jednak to dosc odlegla perspektywa.

Porady wzgledem wydajnosci na dzisiaj
- Procesor jak najwydajniejszy w aplikacjach 1-wątkowych. Czyli na dzien dzisiejszy- Intel Sandy Bridge. Podkręcony im wyżej tym lepiej.
Najwazniejsza wydajnosc pojedynczego wątku, pozostale 3 sa od bzdur typu muzyka, balistyka itd.
- W przypadku procesorów Intela z HyperThreading- wyłączyć, nic nie daje a tylko przeszkadza
- Wynalazki typu 8-rdzeniowe AMD mozna schowac do szuflady, dla wydajności w RO2 liczy sie jedynie maksymalny power z pojedynczego wątku procesora.
- W przypadku problemów z wydajnoscia- pierwsza rzecza powinno być obniżenie detali (pierwszy suwak). Cala reszta ustawien jest zalezna od mocy karty grafiki.

Wrona

Odp: Wydajność w RO2- fakty i porady
« Reply #1 on: 21 October 2011, 06:47:11 »
Czyli bAllowMultiThreadedShaderCompile na False?

Czy może jednak ta opcja zaprzęga do pracy resztę rdzeni?

Heniu

« Reply #2 on: 21 October 2011, 18:31:39 »
Spróbuj;
nie.

Koller

« Reply #3 on: 21 October 2011, 20:00:15 »
- W przypadku problemów z wydajnoscia- pierwsza rzecza powinno być obniżenie detali (pierwszy suwak). Cala reszta ustawien jest zalezna od mocy karty grafiki.
no i takiej informacji szukałem, faktycznie mojemu leciwemu dwurdzeniowcowi pomogło zejście na medium
Edit: Dziubnął bym Ci honora do góry, ale nie wiem jak to się robi:D

Wawer

« Reply #4 on: 21 October 2011, 21:16:12 »
Kliknij na zieloną strzałkę...

Co do ustawień. Ja detale mam na low:
+do wydajności
+do widoczności na mapach
nie ma wyraźnego wpływu na estetyczny wygląd gry.
Żeby gra ładnie wyglądała warto zadbać o jakość tekstur i oświetlenie.