Author Topic: Greetings From TWL! (sorry I don't know Polish!!!)  (Read 8923 times)

ProfessorKayos

Greetings From TWL! (sorry I don't know Polish!!!)
« on: 29 November 2006, 16:13:09 »
Greetings Polish community!

I just wanted to drop by and let you know about a few things I am involved in that I think you all might enjoy :)

As some of you may know from Zdzira's inquisition on me ;) I am an Admin at Teamwarfare League.  We are getting ready to open some Red Orchestra Leagues as requested by members of our community.  The specific details are being ironed out currently, but what we are thinking of is having a North America and Euro division within the 1 league, and after the season having playoffs between the 2 divisions. I know some of you may not wish to play on American servers or anything but I ask you to keep an open mind as we will do our very best to maintain a fair and balanced competition. As we decide for certain on more details, you will be among the first to know :)

In case you are wondering why you should consider playing at TWL, there are some good reasons. 1) TWL is a community gaming site which means that we are extremely open and responsive to the needs and wants of our community members. This is a principle our site was founded on and we have been this way forever. 2) TWL is a huge gaming site with lots and lots of members playing lots of different games. For you, this means that our systems have been tested and proven multiple times so you will find very few bugs (if any) and you will see that there are tons of useful features (such as our Match Communication feature) that are available. In addition, nothing is overlooked. Because we have learned from many games for a long time we know what to be on the look out for, and the rules reflect this with their specific nature. And 3) Because TWL is so large and has such an excellent reputation in the gaming community, we have lots and lots of potential benefits to offer teams. Like a Clan Tournament with several high end prizes awarded to the winner (yes...it will be coming soon).

I hope you all will consider competing on our site. The North American community has made it clear that TWL is their preference for RO competition, and we are going to be working hard in the coming time to attract teams from Europe such as yourself.

The URL is www.teamwarfare.com   If you go to "Competition" on the Menu Bar, then select "Red Orchesta" you will be given a list of our current offerings.

The RO section of the Forums can be found here: http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/forumdisplay.asp?forumid=82

Sorry for such a long post (in English) but I hope to see some of your fine clans playing on TWL soon! :)

Cheers,
[-I-]ProfessorKayos

S!b!K

« Reply #1 on: 29 November 2006, 17:21:53 »
roger that Kayos ;]

Zdzira

« Reply #2 on: 29 November 2006, 21:52:06 »
S!b!K :
roger that Kayos ;]

copy :wink

Ogoor

« Reply #3 on: 29 November 2006, 23:39:42 »
GL with league:-) but i wonder where will clans play when it will be .us clan vs. .eu clan? On .eu server or on .us server? on 1st .us players will have high ping, on .us server .eu players will... Or maybe 1 part on .us server and other on .eu server? Do You have any ideas?:-)

ProfessorKayos

« Reply #4 on: 30 November 2006, 04:37:23 »
The League is Open for Signups! :D

Once you register a team and sign up for the league you will not be listed until you have enough players on your roster and the IDs are entered so don't be afraid if no teams are listed just yet :)

Here is the link to the League: http://www.teamwarfare.com/viewleague.asp?league=Red+Orchestra%3A+NA%2FEU+%2D+8v8+%2D+Season+1

I hope we will see some of you guys willing to compete with us at TWL :)

And, Ogoor, about that match: We have some ideas and there are a couple possibilities. We could do half and half on a .us and .eu server, or we could possibly play the whole thing on a .eu server in the UK. Generally the NA teams are more flexible with ping so I would expect the EU team to have a slight advantage when the time comes. But we will do what we can to make it fair as possible.

If you have any ideas, by all means help us out :)

Ogoor

« Reply #5 on: 01 December 2006, 23:25:51 »
Try to find neutral area;-) I mean with comparable ping for .us and .eu:-) Otherwise there will be always someone whining cause of the ping.
Good luck with league:-) I hope some of Polish clans will join it:-)

ProfessorKayos

« Reply #6 on: 02 December 2006, 15:47:19 »
Yes neutral area is tough...I have ambitions to build an Island between USA and Europe and fill it with game servers ;) :D

What we would most likely have to do is use UK and NY servers but it has not been decided. We want to actually work with the teams who will be playing in this match to find the best way for them.

I, too am hoping to see some Polish teams soon! You guys got some really good ones over here and would add some serious competition to the EU side. Teams are already signing up so help us keep it goin :)

Ogoor

« Reply #7 on: 02 December 2006, 17:42:48 »
Hope so:-) I wanna see Polish clans kicking American's asses;-P

Panowie zapisywać się póki możecie. Skopcie Amerykanom tyłki :->

ProfessorKayos

« Reply #8 on: 02 December 2006, 18:27:23 »
lol I just wanna see teams competing and enjoying themself :)

Like I said, if you have any questions at all feel free to ask me. I can guide you through the registration process and explain any rules questions you may have or anything else. Whatever it takes to get some good EU competition going :)

E-mail: ProfessorKayos@Teamwarfare.com
MSN: flawasscracka@hotmail.com
IRC: #inforcers, #twl_ro, #teamwarfare, #redorchestra  -all on Gamesurge (channels you can find me in)
AIM: ProfessorKayos69

So you see...I am fairly easy to reach haha :)

[edit] We will be announcing a prize package from Tripwire very soon so get your teams signed up! Details to follow shortly